Choosing the song for your first dance can be difficult, it can be hard to think of something that will go perfectly with the day.
You could choose to personalise your first dance song by choosing a song that means something to you and your partner.
You could pick a song that has had an impression on your relationship.
Here are some examples of songs from your relationship:
- The song that was playing when you met
- The song that was playing when you had your first kiss
- A popular song from when you first got together
- Your favourite song from a mutual favourite band
- A song from a concert you’ve been too
- A song that reminds you of a holiday together
- A song that reminds you of an event or occasion
- A song that will suit the theme of your wedding, i.e summer, christmas, retro, modern, romantic
- At Last – Etta James
- Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – Elvis Presley
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
- All of Me – John Legend
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- When a Man Loves a Woman – Percy Sledge
- Stay Together – Al Green
- Here & Now – Luther Vandross
- One Call Away – Charlie Puth
- L.O.V.E – Nat King Cole
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You – Frankie Valli
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
Things to remember!!
Is the beat of the dance something you feel comfortable dancing to on your wedding night in front of people, is it too quick, too slow or just right?
If you’re having a band, can they play this how you want it? (If not maybe use a cd/laptop for the first dance)
If you’re having a DJ do they have the correct version?
The song you do your first dance to does not have to be ‘Your Song’. you don’t even need ‘a song’, not every couple has one.
You don’t have to love your first dance song, as long as you like it for that moment that’s all that matters!
If you don’t want a slow traditional song then you don’t have to pick one! More and more couples are choosing a fun upbeat song everyone can enjoy.